- FIXTURES ANNOUNCED FOR 2004 GROUP IN THE HUGHES FOYLE CUP (02/07)
- MILK CUP FIXTURES NOW ANNOUNCED (02/07)
- ACADEMY EXPERIENCE SUMMER CAMPS ANNOUNCED. GIRLS ONLY CAMPS ON OFFER FOR THE FIRST TIME! (02/06)
- THREE MORE THISTLE WEIR PLAYERS SET TO SIGN AS APPRENTICE PROFESSIONALS (26/05)
- FIRST THISTLE WEIR PLAYER TO FEATURE FOR FIRST TEAM (25/05)
The journey is just as important as the destination!
From playing football in the street to representing Partick Thistle at first team level, the route to the top can be a rocky road requiring support, guidance and expert knowledge. The Thistle Weir Youth Academy invites individuals to join its development program based on their future potential as opposed to their current level of performance.
The Thistle Weir Youth Academy aims to maximise the potential of every individual who engages with its coaching process.
This progress is achieved by providing an environment conducive to productive learning.
The Academy currently run six sides from under 11s to under 17s in the Club Academy Scotland set up. A pathway is in place whereby talented players can progress from informal childrens football to the professional game. The Academy provides the link from the local community into top flight national football.
Not every footballer will win the World Cup but every footballer can reach their optimum level if aided and assisted in the proper manner. The Thistle Weir Youth Academy aims to provide the required knowledge, guidance, facilities and encouragement to enable footballers to maximise the opportunities available to them.
"If your mind can conceive it; and your heart can believe it - then you can achieve it." - Muhammad Ali